Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Sat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Sat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 am

Smart Phones

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Smart Phones

Post by Anita on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 am

Hi: Hi, everyone!

Have you got a smart phone? They're trendy nowadays as they offer lots of handy utilities even for work or our studies.
I still have the typical phone which has a calculator, camera, and incoming and outgoing calls. Nothing extraordinary, but I'm so happy with it as that's all I use - in fact, I hardly ever use its camera.

Yet, I've seen lots of people who can't live without a smart phone currently. They need it to check their mail and social networks, chat in real time, collect pics and files, listen to music, etc.

Is that your case? If you could recommend a smart phone, which one would you mention?
If you're not fond of smart phones, why?

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Re: Smart Phones

Post by Nicole on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 am

Hey Analyse,

I have a Smart Phone, a Samsung Galaxy. I use it to write messages in whatsapp and use it as telephon. I know that you can make more with him but I don't use it.
I think many people use they smart phones Tools much. I had it to go out with friends and they always play with smart phones. I think with smart phones it is the same to use computer, you always have to think about the way you use it.

Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:21 pm

It's funny how I started this thread about 4 days before losing my mobile, in the middle of the rain, when the water took it away - things that only happen to me, soon I'll give you a summary of all the things I've gone through with my devices.

I'm interested in buying a Samsung Galaxy S II following your suggestion; I think it's got all the services I need to take with me - Check my e-mail, chat with you and read the news articles. And a dictionary.

The thing is, I wouldn't like to become dependent on a mobile like these. Sometimes, as you've mentioned, these gadgets have a lot more uses than we actually need. Do we use its GPS? How about the camera? Perhaps the calculator, no more!

Is there any use in your mobile which you've never used?

By the way, I'll buy mine tomorrow!! Wink

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:15 am

Hey Ana,

now you have your smartphone a few weeks, so what you think about it? In which ways do you use it?

Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Well, it's funny... When I opened this thread, I had no idea my mobile was going to fall through the gutter in the middle of the rain...

I lost it 3 weeks ago, so I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3. I think it's a really good phone (although I'm still getting used to its size, and I can't believe that the Galaxy Note is even larger!!) and it's really functional. Its operating system was Android Ice Cream Sandwich, now updated to Jelly Bean. In terms of functionality and accessibility, I think it's a lot better than an iPhone.

While in the beginning I took them for granted, I can't deny it's made it easier for me to check my e-mail instantly, use WhatsApp, surf the web and check Twitter - I can even start working on the tweets for E4F! a lot better! Yay!

So I have to say I'm really happy with my smart phone!! Happy
I just have to be careful so that it doesn't go through the sewer!!

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:17 pm

Suspect Suspect Wait... how the hell did you lose your cellphone?? Suspect

Smart phones are useful, I know. But there's a thing for every purpose. We have computers for special functions, a camera for a special purpose and a phone for a special purpose. Having all these functions in one device is sick, it makes you dependent on that gadget.

Nicole, which galaxy do you have?

MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 pm

MusicElf wrote: We have computers for special functions, a camera for a special purpose and a phone for a special purpose. Having all these functions in one device is sick, it makes you dependent on that gadget.
I thought exactly the same when I bought my mobile. Indeed, I thought it would turn into an addiction or dependence, and that my computer wouldn't be that useful anymore. Yet, while a mobile's portability is beyond compare, there are tasks which cannot be done that easily on such gadget. So I think nothing can take a camera, laptop or even calculator's place.
I mainly use it for its dictionary (Merriam Webster's Free Edition Dictionary, I love it!!) and to chat with beloved people who are very far from me. And of course, to make and receive phone calls. And check my e-mails in an instant, and also read the news articles before the day comes to an end. Oh! Many things! Cheesy

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top