Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Sat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Sat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 am

Religious Anger

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Religious Anger

Post by Anita on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Sadly this week has been darkened by a series of attacks and riots in the American, German and British embassies of Arabic countries, were the Islamist have been angered by a video parodying their prophet Mohammed. the video is said to have been shot by an Christian Israeli-American student, but it has been taken in by extremists from Islam as a kick in their butts, reacting violently and encouraging others to riot.

Before the outrage of this video, there was a scandal involving a Christian girl who burnt some Koran pages. While the girl was later declared as mentally ill, it also caused the anger of Christian followers who, acting like extremists, took over a number of buildings to protest against this blasphemy.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/08/pakistan-girl-accused-of-burning-koran-given-bail-gets-dramatic-helicopter-release-from-prison/

We live in a time where religion is becoming a cause of disgrace. Indeed, it has happened before: the Crusades, the war against Christians/Protestants and the common raid against Muslims. That has been kind of an eternal war Let alone rejection against Evangelist which, thank heaven, hasn't caused a massive war.

Is any side instigating war for a specific purpose?Who is wrong and who is right?
What's the best position or solution in the current issue with extremists?

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious Anger

Post by Anita on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:34 pm

I don't like discussing with myself, but...

I came across this article, which criticises the way Islamist ask for respect while they have previously offended those who don't share their believes. The thing is, if everyone reacted to every negative comment on their prophets or heroes, humanity would have run out ages ago.
While religious or political intolerance is not acceptable, we must know how to react so as not to justify that wrong behaviour we're being given, and that's what these extremists have ignored, even by killing innocent people as a demonstration of anger, whoever their victims are.

You must check the article with unbiased eyes, to realise that there's no need to "fight to demonstrate which religion is the most peaceful." In the end, the thought is that the least all this quarrel is about is religion. Neutral

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Hey Anita,

I understand that you not like to discuss with yourself. Wink
I'm sorry that my answer is a bit late I want write a answer here and in other topics but the last days were a bit complicated.

I always look at the news about the situation. I don't understand that some stupid people can conjure a war and the death of innocent people but I also don't understand the people who kill innocent people because of a video.
At the moment some people were I know work in afghanistan and I'm afraid that everything can happened to them. Sad
I think it is time that people learn to accept the religios from other people and life in peace and harmony together.
I hope that a time will come how all humans learn that.

Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Well, I guess that their anger is not because of the video, but because of an accumulation of despair after their prophet has been mocked and their religion attacked so many times. What happened with the video and the French cartoon reached the top.

the thing is, they have the whole right to get angry, but anger is different from violent. Moreover, if I know their conception or opinion about my religion, prophets and believes is wrong, the only thing I can do is teach them in a reasonable and sensible way they are wrong. But if I burn buildings and kill people, will I let them know that I'm right?

Additionally, I think this is being provoked by the western world itself. The system wants to ridicule Islam to take advantage of their weakness and justify... a war?

I don't now if a world with only one religion is OK, but at least a world with tolerance to other religions, as you've mentioned, would help a lot!
Nicole wrote:The last days were a bit complicated
Is everything better now, my dear Nicole?

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Hey Anita,

yes it's better now.

I think to have only one religion is not a good idea. We need all the religions to have a colorful world. I hope that a time will come when all religios accept the other religios. I think this is the only possible way.

Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Yes! I couldn't agree more with you, Nicole!

Diversity is what makes humanity rich, whereas intolerance is what makes us stupid. It makes us the worst species on earth!

While I'm sure there's a hidden agenda in all this, of course this turmoil is bringing about misconceptions, negative prototypes and hate. It takes a whole new era to get cured from such moral damage!

Nicole, I love your new signature! Yes! So melancholic, yet so true!

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 am

I don't know why there is so much anger for such ridiculous video. I just saw a trailer, and instead of anger it must cause pity. But I agree with Ana: They know many of these Muslim countries have something they long to have. For example, Syrian's oil and air traffic capabilities, and Iran oil and nuclear weapons - yeah, the ones they are telling them to sop executing. They want to provoke a war to make their bounty possible! And mass media is playing a dramatic role!

MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 pm

I agree! I haven't seen the video, but it seems poor quality. Laughing
What causes irritation, though, is the message and its personal attack, not its special effects.

Riots go on, even presidents want its creator dead. Yet media is quiet now about this. Let's see what's coming.

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top