Dear visitor,
It's a pleasure to have you in our forum. Your ideas, suggestions, questions and contributions will be highly appreciated. Would you like to join us?
Register and start participating in English4Fun!

Click Here To Log In

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» What Are You Listening To?
Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm by Anita

» I'm back
Sat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm by Anita

» Let's Bring E4F Back!
Sat May 27, 2017 8:46 pm by Anita

» Top 10 Films of 2011
Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm by Anita

» Lives from homeless people
Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:24 pm by Anita

» What would you miss most?
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am by Anita

» The Nobel Prize
Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:08 pm by Anita

» The Most Interesting Amazon Products (Cool Ideas!)
Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:46 pm by Anita

» Dreams
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:16 am by Anita

» I love AMERICAN CULTURE
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:14 am by Anita

Loading crossword puzzle. One moment please.

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 am

London 2012 Olympics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

London 2012 Olympics

Post by Anita on Thu May 24, 2012 8:09 am

Hey ya!! Hi

Less than 2 months left before the Olympics. The greatest sports party is about to start, and London has the privilege of hosting it this year.

http://www.london2012.com/

Are you looking forward to any specific sport or discipline?
Will you follow the Olympic Games?
If you live in the UK, will you attend any of the events?

Let's follow the event and gossip on its events. Cheesy

Just to set the ball rolling, what do you think of the logo and the pets of the London 2012 Olympic Games?

There are lots of opinions and theories about these designs!!!

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

My Mood : Perky

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Re: London 2012 Olympics

Post by Nicole on Sun May 27, 2012 4:23 pm

Hey Anita,

I will follow the Tae Kwon Do challenges. Is there any special discipline which do you want follow ?

Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Mon May 28, 2012 9:43 pm

I go for gymnastics and swimming. Although I'm a sports dummy, those are the disciplines I enjoy the most. I may follow Tae Kwon Do, just to learn because it seems interesting. This year, I also promise to follow athletics.

Some people claim these Olympic games will be significant or peculiar, mainly because of special events inside of it, not because of the sports themselves. Let's wait and see what happens...

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Anita wrote:What do you think of the logo and the pets of the London 2012 Olympic Games?

I think these can't be true. They're neither modern!! Some months ago I read these were symbolic. About the pets, its eye is a camera, just like Big Brother following you around. Who the hell wants to be recorded every time? The pet reinforces the one-seeing-eye the industry loves using, and the shape of its head is ridiculous. That pet is fishy to me. What to say about the logo? Horrible. There's theory which says you can get the word Zion from that logo. I do not know how it is associated, but if we keep in mind the meaning of the olympics, and the special arrangements in London, we might find something somewhere. Because both the royalty and the industries - even the government - love those kinds of connections. Weird...

I want to see the gymnastics competitions, they have always been my favorite discipline.

MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi Hey!
Sad Sadly I haven't watched any game because of my work. I could partially see the Clean and Jerk competition on day 4, which was loads of fun, and I've unfortunately missed gymnastics. Darn!! Oops!

How are your favourite teams going at this moment? As typical, the winners are the US, China ant Italy, which is doing incredibly well. GB team has not done as good as they expected, and there are other countries which are rising!

By the way, do you know what the cost of an Olympic medal is this year? Well, more than the cost, what's important is how worth it is after all these sports people's effort! Way to go!!! Static

Is there any Olympic news you'd like to share?

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicElf on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:30 pm

The rank has changed, Ana. One week after the closure, many things have happened!
The most impressive is Phelps' 20 medals, 18 gold ones, which he has accumulated in these Olympic events. Just in 2012, he has won more than 6!
Also, the scandal of the Chinese badminton players, they were expelled as they didn't respect the sport of spirit of trying as hard and fast as you can, just because they wanted to avoid humilliation.
The chinese swimmer aged 16 who, according to the American team leader, had a 'disturbing' performance instead of an incredible and impressive one, opened a polemic on this girl being a drug cheat, even though it was confirmed she wasn't.

We have German,Indian, British, American and Colombian people here. Are you happy with your country team's results so far?

MusicElf
Legend
Legend

My Mood : Couldn't care less

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm satisfied with the Colombian team's performance. So far the team's obtained 3 silver and 3 bronze medals, which is by far the most the Colombian team has ever reached - mainly keeping in mind the poor support sport is here.
Of course, the figures in swimming and athletics have been Phelps, Bolt and Eaton (American and Jamaican). And of course, cheats haven't been absent: drugs cheats have been popular, as well as competitive failure, the badminton deal of death and some unfair judgement from the panel.

By now, I'd just like to pray so that this year finishes positively, without any public order issue. We want neither London citizens and visitors nor any other country to suffer from any organised or natural disaster!! The Olympics have not been a distraction for many of us to see what's going on in countries such as Syria, China and currently, Egypt and their army. But the least we want is even worse news about incidents in the Olympics!

3 Olympic days left!

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:34 am

Second golden medal in Colombian history. I'm so happy writing from a borrowed iPad lol!

Misor
Admin
Admin

My Mood : Is gonna be allright

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

http://neophotographer.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:11 pm

This has been by far the best Olympic games for Colombia.

I'm watching the closure. boring, I have to say, I expected more... I enjoyed the opening ceremony far more. I only liked to know that the Bond girls were alive, that Stomp played a bit and to remember the song "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life". Also, Take That tuened up. Cheesy

Of course, the Brazil celebration part was touching... That's the event I must attend! Cheesy

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Colombia was the second latin american country with most golden medal (Just with ine goden medal). Getting the 38th position in the world's overall clasifcation.

In this olimpic games, I discovered Mariana Pajon is in deed a really pretty girl. I can take risk to ensure she is becoming the most desired woman in Colombia.

*whistle* Whistle

Misor
Admin
Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 pm

There's a lot to do in many countries including ours: we still have to improve a lot even in terms of mentality. Also, top countries have to excel their skills. I hope there are more good memories on this event.

I'm so happy for my Colombian team for having the privilege of participating, even despite not obtaining either a medal or a diploma! Happy

Co-Admin
Co-Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:18 am

At the beginning I wasn't happy with the german results but now I'm happy. This year Helena From from Germany get the bronze medal in TaeKwonDo. This was the first medal in 12 years. Very Happy
I think that this games wasn't very good games. Now I have more time to sleep because there are no olympic games to watch. Wink

Legend
Legend

My Mood : tired

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

http://www.taekwondo-schluechtern.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Misor on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 am

You're right Anita, the fact that the Colombian team participate in the Olympicsis enough. But also the fact that we won those medals are in any way a motivation for new sportsmen.

Static

Misor
Admin
Admin

E4F! Gifts E4F! Gifts :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down